Thursday, October 28, 2010

How to Celebrate Success: Los Angeles Lakers Ring Ceremony



A team is a small number of people interdependent on their complementary skills, who are committed to a common purpose, performance, and an approach for which they hold themselves mutually accountable (Jon Katzenbach)


Forget the excuses.

Forget the nay-sayers.

Forget the yes-people.

Forget the experts.

Forget who's in charge.

Forget the contingency plans.

Forget the media.

Forget the compromises.

Keep your vision at the forefront.

"I've shared with my teammates how I prepare for games. My hope is that my mentality rubs off on them. I want them to see what I see, think about what I think about: Why did you turn the ball over? What was the defense doing? What were your options? If this guy cuts here and the defense does this, who does that free up?

"We've got guys who are gym rats, who want to work hard, who want to win. The trick is to get everybody playing together, trying to accomplish the same goal. If you have the talent and the sacrifice on top of that, you have a championship-caliber team. One player can do only so much. If you haven't gotten to that next level, you haven't figured out how to get everybody on the same page."

--Kobe Bryant, Los Angeles Lakers.


Is this how your team celebrates success?

No comments: